Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Willow & Tara is finished!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Terry Moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 1999
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I just finished my last page on Willow & Tara and sent it Fed Ex to Dark Horse. Eric will fill in background inks and Hi-Fi will finish the color and the book will be on the shelves in April, on time, finally!

    W&T was a lot of fun, but doing this and SIP 39 at the same time took up all my time with no room for anything else, so I am anxious to get back in my own world and make new stuff!!!!!!

    I'm going to Kansas City this weekend and will begin working on my next projects right away. Coming up next: SIP #40; more Kixie strips (some of which you can see on our site here) and an entirely new comic strip, both of which will be in Paradise Too! issue #2 which hits the stores in July (same month as the slumber party issue... huh). Oh, and work on the SIP novel will resume now, too.

    That's it. Just an update to let you know what's going on. I think SIP 40 will be a week or two late as a result of this last month's load. I might make it in time for the 6 week mark but, just a warning.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kazhool's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    What??? redface >>Gak!!<<< >choke-sputter< Longer than 6 weeks... between... issues????

    ...must.... hold... on... lights.... fading... darkness consumes..... oh, alright... guess I'll haveta find some way to hold on.....

    peace, and keep up the good work -- however long it takes to get it out....

    [This message has been edited by kazhool (edited March 21, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Fabio Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    It's amazing how you find time to do all this things at the same time. About that remarc on the backgroung inking, did you do all the backgrounds just with pencil or did you ink some of the background too?

    Man, is this a boring question or what?

    Fabio Moon

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Terry Moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 1999
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Fabio!! My pal in Brazil. Anybody who hasn't seen Fabio's work needs to check it out - great comic book artist/storyteller.

    It's not easy describing what art is mine on the W&T pages. I haven't seen Eric's work on the pages yet, but it will fluctuate from page to page, even panel to panel. I don't know if you will be able to tell who did what or not. I did the characters and anything they touched or were near. I left the deep backgrounds and architecture to Eric. I also did little blacking in, except for trees and nature things that were involved in the action of the scene, and some forests, and some skies... it's just not easy to divide the task. But Eric will have a large part in how the pages look, trust me. I can't wait to see what he adds to my coloring book style.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    is there any release date for this book yet?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member witness's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2000
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey fabio,
    Are you published? Can we get our hands and eyes around your work?
    witness

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Fabio Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been published both in the US and in Brasil, but with two different materials.

    If you want to see what I've published in the US, you can look at www.rolandcomic.com and see the website of the mini-series ROLAND-DAYS OF WRATH that I did alongside with my twin brother and the writer Shane Amaya. You might find there also how to aquire the collected series (it was all published in 1999, but the collected edition was published in 2000).
    If you're interested in seeing what I have done in Brasil (which is much more similar to Terry's work) you can take a look at my website: http://sites.uol.com.br/10paezinhos (like that, without the www)
    In there, althought most of it is in portuguese (there's one page in english), you can have a look at the pictures, so feel free to brouse around it (there isn't many pages anyway).

    I hope that helped.

    Fabio Moon

    [This message has been edited by Fabio Moon (edited March 27, 2001).]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Fabio Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fabio Moon:
    I have been published both in the US and in Brasil, but with two different materials.

    If you want to see what I've published in the US, you can look at www.rolandcomic.com and see the website of the mini-series ROLAND-DAYS OF WRATH that I did alongside with my twin brother and the writer Shane Amaya. You might find there also how to aquire the collected series (it was all published in 1999, but the collected edition was published in 2000).
    If you're interested in seeing what I have done in Brasil (which is much more similar to Terry's work) you can take a look at my website: http://sites.uol.com.br/10paezinhos (like that, without the www)
    In there, althought most of it is in portuguese (there's one page in english), you can have a look at the pictures, so feel free to brouse around it (there isn't many pages anyway).

    I hope that helped.

    Fabio Moon

    [This message has been edited by Fabio Moon (edited March 27, 2001).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


  9. #9
    Inactive Member DidiaMattiaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hi Fabio!

    Great artwork!

    I heard you were in Germany to do research on Roland? Did you like it? I'm from Germany and I have a student from Brazil who likes to complain about the German weather (I'm a teacher at university)

    And, so as not to be completely off-topic: I like the fact that other artists join in the discussions on this board as well. Makes the world seem smaller, in a way...

    All the best,

    Alexandra



    ------------------
    #Com on wanre niht
    scrithan sceadugenga.#
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.1
    GC/H d---(--) s-:+ a- C+++ UL P-- L+ !E W++ No K- w--- O- M-- V--
    PS++ PE Y+ PGP++ t*@ 5++(+++) X+ R+++$ tv b++++ DI--- D--- G+ e+++ h!
    r++
    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Christine the bumblebean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2000
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    *bump!*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •